All posts tagged: recovered

Boy, 5, dies after being recovered from River Thames | London

Boy, 5, dies after being recovered from River Thames | London

A boy has died in hospital after being found in the River Thames. A police appeal was launched to find Daniel Alaby, aged five, on Friday. He had gone missing from his home in Thamesmead, south-east London. At 6.23pm, officers looking for Daniel found a child in the river, the Metropolitan police said. Officers administered CPR before the paramedics arrived. The child, who is believed to be Daniel, was taken to hospital, where he was later pronounced dead, the force added. Daniel’s family have been made aware and are being supported by police. There is no evidence to suggest that any other person was involved, the Met said. Anyone who may have seen Daniel on Friday is asked to call police on 101. Source link

Two bodies recovered from submerged truck in Baltimore bridge collapse

Two bodies recovered from submerged truck in Baltimore bridge collapse

The bodies of two construction workers were found in the cold waters of Baltimore harbor Wednesday, trapped in their red pick-up truck after a giant cargo ship slammed into the bridge they had been filling potholes on, causing a thunderous collapse. Maryland police announced the grim discovery at a press conference, adding that sonar shows what they believe are more vehicles trapped within the concrete and twisted steel debris of the Francis Scott Key Bridge. Six of the eight-man construction crew are believed to have been killed, with four bodies yet to be found. Warning that it was not safe for divers to try to penetrate the wreckage, police told a press conference that they were shifting to a salvage operation, removing the superstructure and then sending divers back in to recover the rest of the bodies. “Based on sonar scans, we firmly believe that the vehicles are encased in the superstructure and concrete that we tragically saw come down,” Colonel Roland Butler, the superintendent of Maryland’s state police, told a press conference. Federal investigators …

Data recorder recovered as Baltimore rescuers lose hope for more survivors from bridge collapse

Data recorder recovered as Baltimore rescuers lose hope for more survivors from bridge collapse

All 22 crew members on the ship, owned by Grace Ocean Pte Ltd, were accounted for, its management company, Synergy Marine Pte Ltd, reported. US Transportation Secretary Pete Buttigieg said closure of the port would have a “major and protracted impact to supply chains.” The Port of Baltimore handles more automobile freight than any other US port – more than 750,000 vehicles in 2022, according to port data, as well as container and bulk cargo ranging from sugar to coal. Still, economists and logistics experts said they doubted the port closure would unleash a major US supply chain crisis or major spike in the price of goods, due to ample capacity at rival shipping hubs along the Eastern Seaboard. The loss of the bridge also snarled roadways across Baltimore, forcing motorists onto two other congested harbour crossings and raising the spectre of nightmarish daily commutes and regional traffic detours for months or even years to come. The bridge, named for the author of the Star-Spangled Banner, carries about 31,000 vehicles across the harbour daily and …

Police ‘contact all families’ of 35 people whose remains were recovered in Hull funeral home raid | UK News

Police ‘contact all families’ of 35 people whose remains were recovered in Hull funeral home raid | UK News

Police believe they have contacted all the families of 35 people whose remains were recovered in a raid on a Hull funeral home. Humberside Police said National Crime Agency experts were helping to establish “if what has been respectfully recovered are in fact human ashes”. “I can confirm that whilst formal identification procedures are ongoing, we do believe we have contacted all families of the 35 deceased,” said Assistant Chief Constable Thom McLoughlin. Image: Pic: PA More than 1,500 calls have now been received to a phoneline for people who used Legacy Independent Funeral Directors. Two people – a man aged 46 and a woman aged 23 – were arrested on suspicion of prevention of a lawful and decent burial, fraud by false representation and fraud by abuse of position. They have been released on bail while the investigation continues. Families have spoken about their anguish at not knowing how their loved ones were treated and whether they were given the right ashes. A woman whose husband’s cremation was organised by the company told Sky …

Deleted Emails of Late North Dakota Attorney General Recovered Amid Investigation of Ex-Lawmaker

Deleted Emails of Late North Dakota Attorney General Recovered Amid Investigation of Ex-Lawmaker

On Monday, North Dakota Attorney General Drew Wrigley said about 2,000 state emails of his late predecessor, Wayne Stenehjem, were recovered in a backup from Stenehjem’s personal cellphone. They were found as investigators were preparing for the trial of former state Sen. Ray Holmberg, a Republican. Holmberg, 80, of Grand Forks, is charged with traveling to Europe with the intent of paying for sex with a minor and with receiving images depicting child sexual abuse, according to a federal indictment unsealed in October 2023. He has pleaded not guilty. A trial is scheduled to begin in April. Investigators recovered the emails last month through a backup or extraction of Stenehjem’s personal cellphone, which a family member had asked the state Bureau of Criminal Investigation to unlock to find photos for his funeral in 2022, Wrigley said. “This is the functional equivalent of finding it like they downloaded it onto a zip drive and put it in a sock drawer,” Wrigley said. Stenehjem’s email account however, is “deleted and dead,” he said. Photos You Should See …

Berger’s stolen Ferrari recovered almost three decades later

Berger’s stolen Ferrari recovered almost three decades later

LONDON : A Ferrari Testarossa sports car stolen from Austrian Formula One driver Gerhard Berger during the 1995 San Marino Grand Prix weekend has been recovered by London police almost 29 years later. The Metropolitan Police said on Monday the red F512M, worth some 350,000 pounds ($444,325.00), was tracked down in four days after Ferrari reported it was the one being sold through a British broker to a U.S. buyer. Police enquiries found it was shipped to Japan shortly after being stolen from the Italian city of Imola and then arrived in Britain in late 2023. The Organised Vehicle Crime Unit said enquiries were ongoing and no arrests had been made. A second silver Ferrari F355 that belonged to Berger’s French former team mate Jean Alesi, which was stolen on the same weekend in the Italian city, remains missing. Alesi finished second in the race won by Williams’ Damon Hill with Berger third, in the Ferrari drivers’ final season at the Italian team before the arrival of Michael Schumacher and Eddie Irvine. Berger had caught …

Ferrari stolen from Formula One driver Gerhard Berger in 1995 recovered by police nearly three decades later | UK News

Ferrari stolen from Formula One driver Gerhard Berger in 1995 recovered by police nearly three decades later | UK News

A Ferrari stolen from former Formula One driver Gerhard Berger nearly three decades ago has been recovered by police. Berger was racing in the 1995 San Marino Grand Prix held at Imola in Italy when his Ferrari F512M was stolen alongside another sports car. Police believe the car – a revamped version of Ferrari’s iconic Testarossa – was shipped to Japan soon after it was stolen. However, the sports car, painted in the classic Ferrari red and said to be worth around £350,000, was brought to the UK in late 2023. Image: Gerhard Berger’s Ferrari was stolen 28 years ago. Pic: Met Police Image: Gerhard Berger’s Ferrari was stolen 28 years ago. Pic: Met Police It came to the attention of the Metropolitan Police in January this year, when officers received a report from the Italian car marker. Ferrari had carried out checks on a car being bought by a US buyer via a UK broker in 2023, which revealed it was a stolen vehicle. Image: Gerhard Berger, pictured in 1995. Pic: John Marsh / …

FBI to probe possible Chinese spy craft debris discovered by Alaskan fishermen | US | News

FBI to probe possible Chinese spy craft debris discovered by Alaskan fishermen | US | News

The FBI will examine possible debris from a Chinese spy balloon that flew over Alaska early last year after fishermen reported the finding off the state’s coast on Friday. An Alaskan fishing vessel carrying the debris is expected to return to the coast sometime this weekend and hand it over to the FBI for examination, sources told ABC News. “The FBI is aware of debris found off the coast of Alaska by a commercial fishing vessel. We will work with our partners to assist with the logistics of the debris recovery,” the bureau said in a statement Friday. Agency sources emphasized that it has not yet determined whether the craft is of foreign origin, but told the outlet that the recovered material will be taken to the FBI lab in Quantico, Virginia, the same facility debris recovered from a confirmed Chinese spy craft last year was sent. The United States shot down a Chinese spy balloon just off the coast of South Carolina on February 4, 2023, after American intelligence tracked the craft as it …

Abdul Ezedi: Body recovered from Thames confirmed as Clapham chemical attack suspect | UK News

Abdul Ezedi: Body recovered from Thames confirmed as Clapham chemical attack suspect | UK News

A body recovered from the River Thames has been confirmed as Clapham chemical attack suspect Abdul Ezedi. Marine police teams had been searching the river in London for Ezedi, who was accused of throwing a strong alkali substance on his ex-partner and her daughters, aged three and eight, on 31 January. A huge search operation was launched for the 35-year-old suspect after the attack as CCTV images showed what appeared to be serious injuries to his face. The Metropolitan Police said on 9 February it was likely Ezedi had entered the Thames in the area of Chelsea Bridge in London. CCTV showed him leaning over railings just hours after the assault. Image: Abdul Ezedi was captured on CCTV after the attack A body was found in the search on Monday 19 February near Tower Bridge at Tower Pier. Confirming on Friday the body had been formally identified as Ezedi following a post-mortem, Met Police Commander Jon Savell said: “We have worked to formally identify Ezedi as quickly as possible. “As the public would expect, our …